Monday, March 31, 2008

Re-Re-Match

What a fun match! I can always look forward to a good game when playing against Rhonda. We have played each other 3 times now, all under the Sundowners Women's League; I lost to her in October, then we tied 3 weeks ago, and tonight I took the win.

I started out behind again at 2-5 on the first set. Finally stopped goofing around and caught up to 5-5, held serve to 6-5, Rhonda also held serve to force a tiebreaker at 6-6 and then I won the break at 7-2. Second set was just as intense; I was actually behind a game until the last possible opportunity: 0-2, 1-3, 3-4, 4-4, then won at 6-4.

Not quite the longest match I've played this season, but pretty close, lasting 2 hours and 15 minutes. Boy am I sore! But so worth it!

After our match, Rhonda told me she noticed that I have progressively gotten better. I have been playing a lot of tennis lately and am so happy to know that someone noticed my hard work. :)

Good game. Good game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good job! must have been the new weapon!

Indigo Serpent said...

You are one great Babilat Weapon Carrier!!!

Indigo Serpent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Indigo Serpent said...

or was that Babolat!!!