Thursday, March 6, 2008

Interesting Practice Tonight

The mixed doubles season is almost over; we have 3 matches left. There was tennis practice tonight and only 3 people showed up: Joel, Victor, and me - and all 3 of us are done playing matches for this season. Where were the people that are still scheduled to play?!

Anyway, aside from the attendance shortage, Victor was late, leaving Joel to kick my tired, sore, and lazy ass. All the men on this team are talkers, I've had my share of talkative men; but, this was a whole other level. Funny how one simple question: "what grip do you use at net?" turned into a half hour discussion. Can we play some tennis now? Reluctant to ask further questions, I just made a statement: "I need to work on my backhand volleys." Boy, did I open a whole new can of worms that time! Interesting, interesting practice. All in fun, I actually welcomed the advice and comments - way too sore to play hardcore tennis tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell him to multitask. Tell him to give advice while you play.

Indigo Serpent said...

He he he...are you ordering people around, missy?