Sunday, March 9, 2008

Psuedo Captain

We had a mixed doubles match today and I showed up to support my team. It was at the same club where we took a 3-0 sweep a few weeks back; but, this round was against a different team. Apparently, we do well on these courts because we took another 3-0 sweep! Yay team!

Line 1 was played by our captain and Lisa H. After winning in straight sets: 6-2, 6-2, the captain had to rush off to tend to his other mixed doubles team. He then asked if I could finish his captain duties. Since I am planning on being co-captain for my women's spring league, I welcomed the practice.
Line 2, Brian and Shari, won in 3 sets: 6-1, 4-6, 6-1.
Line 3, Al and Lisa L, also won in 3 sets: 6-1, 6-7 (0-7), 6-4.

I did everything I was supposed to. Granted all there was to do was fill out a score sheet. :) Who knows, I may do well as captain after all.