Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mixed Nuts Take the Sweep

The Mixed Nuts Tennis Team enjoyed a sweeping victory this afternoon, winning all 3 line-ups. I played line 1 with Mikey; we've practiced before but never played an actual match together. We lost the first set 4-6 but came back and won the next two sets 6-3, 6-3.

I feel so much better now that I have a match under my belt. I owe it all to my awesome partner who kept me calm during intense points. My serves were really on today too :) - hehehe, I was dubbed Ace-Crissy today :)

Shown on the left is me and Mikey. Below are the 3 line ups (left to right): Don and Athena (line 3), Mikey and Me (line 1), and Brian and Shari (line 2).

On a side note, I was so dedicated to chasing down a ball that I ran into a low wall and bruised my right thigh. There's usually a fence to stop me but this particular area had a low wall, then a gutter, then the fence. I thought I would have all the way to the fence to run but then ran into the wall instead. Owwie :(




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Your pictures look great. Sounds like wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Hey Crissy Congrats!!! have a nice forearm?

Anonymous said...

That's Awesome congrats!!!! Love the pictures! Hope your owwie heals soon!

Ange

YoshRama said...

Great job! Isn't it great to make such a dramatic comeback!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Crissy,

Congrats on winning your tennis match.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Good job Crissy.

bennie said...

grats sis!

Indigo Serpent said...

So no owie, no ace...huh. This is a terrific news!!!!

I am impressed you managed to get a glamour shot inspite of the owwie!!!