Thursday, October 25, 2007

Somebody stole my stapler!

I am not particularly attached to my stapler at work; I actually despise it. It can only handle a max of 5 pages at a time and can hardly count on it to staple nicely the first time. So, it was quite a surprise to find myself sad when it did not turn up. I felt a rush of panic, I had lost the stapler that has given me so much grief.

Hmmm... "I had lost, the sta-pler, that has given me so much grief..."

I suddenly made a complete 360. Now I was thinking of visiting the stock room in search of a new stapler. Oh! And if I was unable to find one, I could ask the office manager to get me a NEW one! I was ecstatic. I instantly went for the door...

Then, something familiar caught my eye. MY STAPLER! It was on my co-workers desk! I felt relieved, then sad. I have to put up with my unreliable stapler once more, no more dreaming of a new stapler :(

See how failing to return someone's stapler causes so much dilemma? Grief, loss, relief, loss of relief, argh!

Next time someone takes my stapler, please, save me the trouble and keep it!

6 comments:

Indigo Serpent said...

Old unreliable staplers are like...oh, don't get me started.

Anonymous said...

Was the stapler...red? Reminds me of the movie "Office Space."

bennie said...

that was funny! im proud of u sis, funny and creative...very well written

Anonymous said...

The grass is not always "greener
on the other side". We don't realize how much something means to us until it is taken away. I admit to accidentally taking your
stapler but I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't better off with me. I truly appreciate what it can do and not what it can't. Even staplers feel rejection. I'm willing to "work with it". I'm sure it's capable of "6 pages".

Anonymous said...

i know why u wanted to go to the back office?!?!?! LOL!!

gnite te cris!

Cressida said...

Funny optimistic Linda...