Monday, November 26, 2007

Another Ticket

In Salt Lake City, a school zone is marked with flashing lights - observed only when lights are flashing; so, when I was passing a school this morning, I was looking for the flashing lights. When I did not see any lights, I proceeded with the regular speed limit - 40.

I guess it's different here in Orange County; since, I explained my whole flashing lights scenario and he just looked at me like I was crazy. I'm not crazy! I'm just from Salt Lake City (hehe)! Apparently, school zones are observed whenever children are present - that includes weekends when school is not even in session.

That's my 2nd traffic ticket in 2 months (first ticket)! I don't understand it at all. My insurance will increase for sure! I have to go to traffic school to get my first ticket cleared; but, since this second citation is within 18 months of a prior citation, I am not allowed to go to traffic school and prevent this from affecting my insurance.

What really gets me the most is that I was paying close attention. I saw the sign but thought I did not have to obey it since the flashing lights I have been accustomed to were missing. Can I use "recently moved" as a defense?

What am I going to do? I'm going to cry again.

1 comment:

Indigo Serpent said...

I bet you are still jinxed so I suggest you do the following:

* Pour a bottle of EVIAn water into an iron pot
* Add a pinch of roach's sweat
* Sprinkle a powder of lizard breath
* Add a cup of bettle juice
* Mix in a concoction of dried croc skin, cat's tail, and fresh mosquito blood
* Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hr
* Use this potion to rinse yourself when you shower during the next fall moon.

He he he ...we both know I just made it up but who knows it might work.