Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rude Awakening

So pet owners, how do your pets wake you up? A little purring? Barking? Whining? Face licking? Java used to do all of the above, except for the purring of course. However, I have been harder and harder to wake up lately, the Nyquil the past few nights is certainly keeping me in my deep sleep. Java's barking and whining are just distant sounds like my alarm clock - easily ignored. He is not allowed to jump on the bed anymore and so a lick in the face is out of the question. His new-found way to wake up his mommy is nothing short of annoying. Not at all sweet or thoughtful; but, a complete single-minded way to say "wake up mommy! I need to pee!"

How does he wake me up nowadays? Well, he rams his massive 100 pound body right into my mattress! The entire bed shakes as if there was an earthquake! I don't know how he does is exactly, head on or by his side, but it gives me a headache every morning! Stop it Java! You're bugging your mama! I'm up! I'm up!

1 comment:

Indigo Serpent said...

He he he...good boy, Java.