Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Restaurant Biz: Humbling and Crippling.

Five years at Einstein Bagels certainly humbled me. No question. But, it also made me real picky about my bagels! I cannot have anything less! I have been craving for bagels lately, but; there are no Einstein Bagels here in SoCal. Unable to contain the craving any longer, I settled for Einstein's sister company: Noah's Bagels.

I splurged and got myself an egg sandwich. It was not good :( Refusing to pay extra money to have it made the way I like it (with cream cheese and tomato), I ended up with what regular customers get. That's the problem, I am not a regular customer. I know what is behind that counter and I want the add-ons without the extreme price - charging me 50 cents for a slice of tomato and $2 for a small amount of cream cheese!

I miss free bagels.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer!!! It's hard to know what is really going on behind the counter when you are a 'civilian' again!! That's how I feel about movies!

If there were a sanitary way to send you Einsteins, I'd be all over it!

Hmmm, now I'm craving bagels ... sorry, Criss!

bennie said...

you and diana were the best bagel sandwich makers! :) i miss the chicken panini

Anonymous said...

That sucks! Noah's is more expensive too! I guess that's what happens when you're craving a bagel sandwich. At least here I'm still able to get a custom made sandwich, that is if I know who is working the counter. That's okay, if it makes you feel any better I don't go to Einsteins as much as I used to.
Thanks for the comment Ate Bennie, I learned from the best.

Indigo Serpent said...

yummm yumm yummy..wiggle, wiggle

Pepper said...

I miss you working at Einsteins too! Nothing quite like bagel shwag. I now get "free" bagels every Wednesday in my journal office. It is pretty much the only thing I have to look forward to in my pathetic little life.

(They are "free" because I pay $175 dues)