Saturday, October 3, 2009

Group Work

What usually comes to mind when you hear "group work"?

In my history, group work usually means I get to do all the work. So it's no surprise that I was less than ecstatic, to hear that my final semester will be spent mostly on group projects.

Still, I had some hope it would be better this semester since my classes are all upper division and my classmates SHOULD be more responsible this time around. Yeah...I assumed wrong.

My Management 449 group have met twice now and both times, I was the only one with their assigned work done. What a great start! C'mon people! You're not going to learn anything when you slack off and have other people do things for you. Have some dignity for cryin' out loud!

On a much different note, there's my Tax group that blew my mind away. May I just say that I LOVE this group! This is what group work is supposed to be! We test each other's brains, we check each other's thoughts, we constructively argue, and it's wonderful! I have been so sleepless the past week due to tax code research; but the great thing is, I am not alone. I send out ideas and info via email at 3 o'clock in the morning, and I get a reply back! HA! We are all up working our asses off together. Sucks to be up that late/early, but I will get through it much easier knowing I am not the only one working.

All I can say is that I am greatful for finally being in a productive group. As far as my Management group, however, they better get their act together or I will leave their names out of the group paper due next week.

No comments: