Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sleepless In Anaheim

A funny thing happened to me yesterday (note that it was only funny because it all worked out). I just got home from work, exhausted, and was getting ready for the Jazz concert. Since I had furnished the tickets, Jackie elected to drive and she was supposed to pick me up at 5PM.

I have not been sleeping much at all the past week and was simply exhausted. Taking a shower did not help wake me up as I thought it would. I figured, the hell with my hair, I will take a quick 15 minute nap and just stick it in a bun and I will feel fresh and ready to go. Well, it was no nap. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out faster than five shots of tequila that one time in...nevermind.

Indeed I woke up fresh and rested. But quickly replaced that feeling with panic, embarrasement, and utter remorse. It was a quarter to 6PM and Jackie has been waiting patiently in my driveway! She called, but I did not hear it. I don't know why she did not get out of her car sooner; I would've banged on the front door!

After a quick change and several apolologies, we made it to UCLA in time. It actually may have worked to our benefit since the traffic was not so bad. I assume it had time to clear out and dissipate while I was sleeping - yes, I am resolved to keep telling myself this.

No comments: