Thursday, October 16, 2008

You Want It When?

There is a comic up in the accounting office with people laughing so hard they are about to hit the ground, the caption notes: YOU WANT IT WHEN?!

I had that moment this morning when I came into work. Char mentioned an email request from one of the attorneys which she had no time to get into so, she forwarded it to me. I proceeded to settle into my desk first by opening my mail and e-mail, separating the invoices, and opening up related programs. I finally get to that request and I busted out laughing! Char and Linda instantly knew what I was reading and they started laughing too! I read it aloud and we resembled that comic - laughing until our stomachs ached. Here is what the attorney requested:

Copies of ALL invoices AND copies of the checks we paid the invoices with, on 4 different files, dating back from 2006 to present! OMG, I am still laughing! It's absurd! Oh and the clencher - he wanted it when? BY TOMORROW!!!!

NO WAY! NO WAY! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT CAN BE DONE! On two files maybe, but on four? And back to 2006!!?? SHIT! NO WAY! I didn't even know where to start!

Char understood my pain and mentioned to the attorney how this was going to go further than tomorrow. If he could not change his deadline, then he'd have to shorten his request - and he did. He looked through the list and only really needed backup for half of them. Seriously! The other half I would have gone through would have been a waste! The stress! The time! Ugh, I have other things to do mister!

Due by tomorrow. At least this time around it's possible. Alright, I'm on it.

1 comment:

Indigo Serpent said...

Hmm..you almost killed a 10 acres of trees!!