Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thai Massage

The tennis playoffs were in Pasadena so I asked Tito Buds (uncle) if I could sleepover instead of driving all the way back to Anaheim (40 min away, without traffic).

Anticipating how sore I would be after the match, he scheduled for me to have a massage, out of his caring heart (or to save himself from an evening of complaining and grouchiness - I get cranky when I'm tired).

So I had my first Thai massage tonight - oh, and it was wonderful. The style is different from the massage Ate Ben gives me (sister), I think she does a Swedish massage. Thai massage is when they step on your back. It was amazing! They used their toes, heel, hands, and elbows with such precision. They would use their feet to cover the big areas like your back and legs, effectively shifting their weight to their heel when they need to put more pressure on certain areas of stress. The width of the elbow is just the right size to go between the spine and shoulder blades; and they use their hands on more delicate areas like the neck and head.

I am soooooo relaxed. I actually stopped by Trader Joe's right after the match (before the massage) and bought myself some beer and chocolate to ease my loss. But now, after the massage, I don't think I need them anymore...well, I could always use some chocolate. Afterall, these are chocolate covered macadamia nuts ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow, i just can't get myself to be alright with someone stepping on me.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you let someone walk all over you.

Anonymous said...

ditto what the first two ppl said. haha

was he holding onto something when he stepped on you?

cuz i wouldnt want him falling on me! lol


-Brian

YoshRama said...

Ooooh, forget what the other have said!!! That sounds soooo good... I'm going to have to do that someday!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!

-Tito Budz