Friday, December 14, 2007

Think You Have A Drinking Problem?


I heard the first step to overcoming addiction is to admit it. Well, here I am, my name is Cressida, and I am a coffee and caffeine addict.

It all started with a massive school project that demanded late nights; hence, the need for caffeine. Then Starbucks started their seasonal Peppermint Mocha and that drew me in further. Finals week came and I could not, and would not break free. It's been months of Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha goodness, and on occasion a diet soda; what can I say, I am only human.

Determined to clean my desk and pull out all remnants of the school semester, I took a good look at what crowded my area the most. It was not books or notes, nor index cards or highlighters, it was the Grande cups and soda cans. Yes, now I see my problem. For years, I have tried very hard not to get addicted to coffee - drinking it only when necessary. However, this time, I was exposed to the drug for a much longer period, and now having trouble wanting to shake it off.

I still refuse to become one of those people who need a cup of coffee in the morning in order to function; therefore, I will break this habit! That is, after Starbucks pulls their peppermint line off their menu.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Decaf can get you off the habit as well as getting talls instead of grandes;-)

the Enemy said...

hahaha! wow crissy, you must REALLY love starbucks!

Indigo Serpent said...

Try attending the Coffee Anonymous meeting in your neighborhood...

Pepper said...

Lol. I think your REAL problem is that you need a trash can by your desk. Every New Years I resolve to quit drinking coffee. I always fail. It's not the caffeine - it's an emotional attachment to my hot cup of coffee every morning. Tea won't cut it. I guess I should be a little more sympathetic to my bro who won't quit smoking, eh?

Cressida said...

You're right Pepper, it is my emotional attachment to a hot cup of coffee.

BTW, I do have a trash can by my desk - it was full of Starbucks cups. The actual problem was that I was too lazy to clean up.