Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer School

I just finished my second of three exams for my summer class. Not Bad. I ended up writing a 5 page essay (by hand!) on Japan, which half way through, I realized the other essay topic would've been much easier to write about.

We were given two essay topics and we choose one to answer. I chose the history of Japan, and the other was regarding the French Revolution. I know the French Revolution. I've written many papers on different aspects of the revolution. And I know I could've easily pulled off an A if I just chose that as my topic. Oh, who am I kidding! I'm sure I will still get an A on the Japan essay, but I would've been out of that exam room sooner if I just went with the French Revolution.

So why did I go for a topic I was less comfortable with and knew would take longer? Boredom? Maybe I wanted a challenge? Who knows. This is probably something I would ponder about for a few more hours or so if this were the Fall or Spring semester. Heck! It's summer! And I don't really care to analyze my choices right now.

Who's up for tennis?!

No comments: