Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tax People Are Crazy

It's an unbelievable scene right now, as I sit here taking a break from homework, waiting for my sister to get off work (we carpooled). I am at a vacant Ernst & Young cubicle, and there are lots of other people here, at 10PM! And they show no signs of leaving! Weird since in my workplace, people consider staying passed 6PM overtime; here I see employees staring down reports and spreadsheets with every ounce of energy. Granted its tax season, but it got me thinking…do I want to become these tax people that work until the sun comes up? I swear they have sleeping cots somewhere around here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world!!! When you're ready, we'll all welcome you with open arms!!

Indigo Serpent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indigo Serpent said...

'been there, done that.

Dynamic duo said...

It's true, hon. You become a tax ppl and the rest of your life is a shadow. All the tax ppl friends I have, I don't know, just their wives! It is a cutthroat type of job. Of course, it depends upon your field. Good luck. Take it easy.