Monday, January 26, 2009

Hole In My Pocketbook

I HAVE NEVER SPENT SO MUCH MONEY ON BOOKS IN MY YEARS OF COLLEGE!!!! Great timing on this economy too! Aren't you glad to know I stimulated the economy with these purchases?

Stat 2
Textbook: $90.00 - not even hard-bound.
Workbook: $15.00

Tax Acct
Textbook: $205.00 - I got an older edition for half the price but the professor insisted today that I get the newest edition.

Cost Acctng
Textbook: $115.00 - USED price! $185 for new.

Acctng Info Sys
Textbook 1: $95 - this is the older edition; I forgot to ask if it is acceptable. If not, I'd have to get the newer one for $130.
Textbook 2: $45 - can only get this from the publisher online. No competition; so, no cheaper price. This is a flimsy 60-page notebook wire-bound text.
Lab Manual: $15

Mngmt & Operations
Textbook: $80 - this is the USED price! Custom made crap.


$660 total. I am still in shock. Furious at the same time. But more in shock. Seriously?! $200 for ONE book!!! And another for $115?!!! And then several others nearing $100 each!!!! OMG! Speechless. I cannot believe I am paying this much for books. Mainly I am freaked because I have no idea how I am going to pay for these.

I do have money left over from my grant: $169. Oh but that went to pay for my semester parking permit. Yup, one semester of parking costs $160.

And people wonder why students are poor...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, hon! So sorry to hear. But thanks for boosting the economy with your generous donations! Hahahah. We feel the same frustration. There's no reason for textbooks to be so expensive!