Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Birthday Cheer

Thank you all for your birthday greetings! My day was filled with birthday email notifications, facebook wall postings, and text messages. Never a lonely minute!

I had a wonderful birthday that actually spanned into three days. Since my cousin Magee arrived from San Jose the evening of Jan 5 with my uncle, we decided to celebrate early and all have dinner together at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

I celebrated most of my birthday at work and my coworkers made it special by buying me coffee for breakfast, and also took me to Roundtable Pizza for lunch where they paid for my meal. :)

Magee was waiting for me at home and we made triple chocolate brownies as my "bday cake" not knowing Ate Ainee would come home hours later with a chocolate cake with strawberry mousse filling - yum! Stocked up on sugar, the celebration continued into the early hours of Jan 7 when Magee and Ate Ainee were determined to beat me at Boggle. Although Ate Ainee was the first to find an elusive 8-letter word (she found "replaces") that bumped her score up and ended the round of games, my score was still way ahead of the total tally. The Boggle champion reigns ;)

Thank you everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I challenge you to Boggle next time we visit you guys--after we get done with Rock Band, of course! :-)

Larry

Cressida said...

I accept! Bring it on!!!

Anonymous said...

yay!! more boggle tournaments!! enjoy your (very short) reign for the time being...you're going down!!!

ate ainee