Saturday, September 13, 2008

Contamination by Infiltration

The N*Sync fan's worst nightmare: the discovery of a Backstreet Boys song in her iTunes library.

That brought me back to 8 years ago-high school, when the most important agenda was to win the debate over who was the better band: N*Sync or Backstreet Boys (BSB). Then there were others who faced every teenage girls' wrath when they claimed that neither were "real bands" - that's a whole other story, do not get me started.

Back to my iTunes. I remember my sister asked if she could download some songs to burn into a CD. "Sure," I said. That began the BSB contamination into my music library. OM Gosh! The horror! Imagine this die-hard N*Syncer's reaction when her shuffle mode turned up All I Have to Give from BSB. "WHAT THE @#$@! Where...? Is that...? NO WAY! Seriously! That's coming from MY computer!

What have I become? Am I a traitor to my fellow N*Syncers? Have I let time mellow out the feud that so consumed my teen years? No. I will not let all that time spent on covering my walls with N*Sync posters go to waste. I will not ignore all my efforts made toward constructing N*Sync scrapbooks. That stage in my life will not be pushed aside. To the memory of my N*Sync years, know that this painful example of vocal harmony and charlatan of a band, will be extinguished from my library.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh geesh..you have come out and embraced your inner BSB. Congratulations!

- BSB Fans Club, President
Orange County Chapter

bennie said...

haha, which sister are you talking about??

Anonymous said...

OMG! it was one BSB song, ONE!! and really, i seem to recall that you said that you liked that ONE song too. you better save that song for me somewhere before you delete it forever!!....=)

YoshRama said...

Haha Cressida, I'm sure N*Sync will forgive you. :)

I also don't think they hated BSB....

now don't get after me for saying that!