Monday, March 23, 2009

Some People Are Jerks

To think this could’ve all been avoided if I just woke up on time…

Instead, there I was in the school parking lot, exchanging phone numbers with the girl who backed into my car

But this post is not about her. She turned out to be an honest person (greatly added to my luck and benefit), who was running late and admittedly neglected to look behind her when she tried to back up to grab a parking spot. No, this post is about the person behind me. The first person to witness two people trying to get through a minor, yet, still a traumatic experience. He pulls to our side, inching forward. He manages to get my attention and the first words that came out of his mouth were: Can you guys close your doors [so I can get by]?

“I’m sorry. The first thing that should’ve popped in to my head after being jerked forward from a frontal impact should’ve been to search for a tool to pry her car off mine, and then push it aside, just so you can get by – my unbelievably inconsiderate schoolmate. Jackass.”

Yeah, that’s what I should’ve said. Instead, I gave him a dirty look and walked slowly to shut my door.

Sadly, he was not the only one. Impatient drivers with cars too wide to squeeze through became infatuated with their honking mechanisms, and made it nearly impossible for us to think and discuss.

What happened to courtesy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I woulda borrowed a line from Russell Peters:

"Fuck you! you fucking blow job!"

there's really nothing you can say to that.

=)

-Brian

Anonymous said...

I was that driver.

- The Devil