Friday, November 21, 2008

USTA Sectionals

Because of the fires here in SoCal, Sectionals (supposed to be last week) and Nationals are both taking place this weekend. Double the matches = need to double the players.

I received a phone call Tuesday from one of the USTA captains and asked me to fill in for one of the spots!

"Of course I will do it! Uh, wait. I actually rolled my ankle two days ago..."

"Again?! Okay, I will leave it up to you. If you feel well enough to play, then play. But if not, then you find me someone to take the spot."

Are you kidding me? Pass up this opportunity and give it to someone else?! Right. My ankle was compressed, elevated, and on ice for the next two days.

It's Friday night, and I feel great! Going to practice tomorrow and head to sectionals Sunday afternoon.

TriLevel Sectionals, here I come!

No comments: